Easy Vanilla Vegan Gluten Free Cake
My Easy Vanilla Vegan Gluten Free Cake is made in 1 bowl and requires only 8 ingredients. It’s fluffy, moist, tender and bursting with vanilla flavor. Plus there is no added oil to the cake itself!
Servings: 16 servings
Simple Vanilla Icing
- 2 tablespoons softened vegan butter OR omit and use more almond milk for oil free
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sprinkles, optional for serving
Preheat to 350 degrees F and lightly grease 2 8-inch round pans. I also put a round parchment paper piece in the bottom for easy removal.
In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, gluten free flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then add the almond milk, vinegar and vanilla. Stir well but do not over mix. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
Make the icing: Place the softened vegan butter, powdered sugar, almond milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix on low, then high until creamy and smooth. Add more milk or powdered sugar as needed to make a spreadable frosting.
Frost the cake as desired and top with optional sprinkles. Enjoy!
- For the frosting, you may also use vegan shortening instead of vegan butter. Or leave it out completely if needed but you will need to add a bit more milk.
- May also bake the cake in a 9x13 inch pan, but it will take longer to bake, about 40-45 minutes. Check the middle with a toothpick to make sure it’s cooked through.
- I used King Arthur Gluten Free Flour mix which worked great. Bob’s Red Mill also works. Almond flour is essential here since there is no added oil, so don’t try replacing it.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1mg