Creamy Vegan Sausage Pasta with Spinach
This Creamy Vegan Sausage Pasta with Spinach is easy to make and ready in 20 minutes or less! It's the perfect weeknight meal that everyone will enjoy.
Servings: 5 servings
- 16 ounces uncooked short cut pasta
- 1 package (13 ounces) Italian vegan sausage, sliced or chopped I used Field Roast brand
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 13.5 ounce can coconut milk, light or full fat
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 3/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese I used Violife brand
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the sliced or chopped vegan sausage, onion, garlic and red pepper chili flakes for about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent and the sausage is browned.
Turn the heat to low and pour in the coconut milk and water. Stir in the spinach and cook for a few minutes until the spinach has wilted. Add salt, to taste.
Add the cooked and drained pasta to the pan with the sausage mixture and stir to incorporate it all together. Stir in the vegan parmesan cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- May substitute baby kale for the spinach, if desired.
- You could also use my tempeh sausage from this pizza recipe, for a homemade sausage option.
- For a lighter pasta, use light coconut milk. For a richer version, use full fat. For a coconut free option, substitute soy/cashew or even oat milk creamer that is unsweetened/unflavored.
Serving: 1of 5 servings | Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 510mg | Potassium: 609mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2659IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3mg