30 Minute Vegan Pad Thai
30 Minute Vegan Pad Thai with rice noodles, tofu, veggies, peanuts and the most incredible, simple sauce. Talk about an easy dinner using everyday ingredients!
Servings: 4 servings
- 7 ounces stir fry rice noodles
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounce block extra-firm tofu, pressed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup julienne sliced carrots, about 3 carrots
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed or chopped peanuts
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts, optional
Prepare all of your ingredients before you begin. Slice the carrots, chop the green onions, cilantro and the peanuts. Press your tofu if needed (I like to get the vacuum packed extra-firm tofu so no need to press it), and then chop into 1/2 inch cubes.
Cook the noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let them soak for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
Make the sauce: Stir all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Fry the tofu: In a large pan (you can even use the same pot you boiled the noodles in), heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu, and fry it until all sides are golden brown.
To the pan with the tofu, add the noodles, sauce, carrots, green onions and half of the cilantro. Stir as it warms up.
Serve immediately, sprinkling peanuts and more cilantro on the top of each serving, with lime wedges and mung bean sprouts on the side. Squeeze lime juice to taste before eating. Yum!
- For Gluten Free, use gluten free tamari instead of soy sauce.
- If you want vegetable only pad thai, replace the tofu with various veggies, such as red pepper strips and broccoli florets. Stir fry these in place of the tofu until tender, before adding the noodles and sauce.
- For the carrots, I buy the bag of pre-cut carrots, julienne style so it reduces my chopping time.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 754mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 5571IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 3mg