The Best Vegan Green Smoothie
The Best Vegan Green Smoothie - Perfectly sweetened, chock full of greens (but you won't taste them!) with a healthy dose of plant protein. Green smoothies are great for busy mornings, afternoon pick-me-ups or when you want to get some greens in but you're too busy to sit down to a salad!
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Total Time5 minutes mins
Course: Breakfast, Drinks, Snack
Servings: 1 large serving or 2 small servings
- 1 banana, frozen preferred or use 1/2 cup more frozen fruit
- 1 cup frozen mango or blueberries, pineapple, berries
- 2-3 cups baby spinach, kale or mixed super greens
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup almond milk
- optional: 1 date, pitted, for additional sweetness
- Makes 1 large green smoothie or 2 smaller smoothies. Calories listed are for the entire smoothie. I usually have enough for a large serving for myself, and a smaller cup for my toddler.
- Baby spinach is almost undetectable in a smoothie, while kale and other supergreens will have a stronger flavor.
- I love the flavor a little bit of orange juice adds, but you can omit it and add more almond milk or water, if desired.
- For nut allergies, use coconut, soy or hemp milk. Or just water!
- Optional add ins: tablespoon of ground flaxseeds, a squeeze of lemon/lime juice, a little fresh ginger, 1/4 of an avocado, probiotic capsule or protein powder.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 455kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 376mg | Potassium: 1158mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 7766IU | Vitamin C: 118mg | Calcium: 419mg | Iron: 6mg