Vegan Minestrone Soup
Better than Olive Garden Vegan Minestrone Soup! Loaded with vegetables, pasta, beans and a rich broth, this hearty soup is made in 1 pot and ready in about 30 minutes.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 15 ounce can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans (or fresh)
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Optional: Vegan Parmesan
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrots and zucchini and saute for 5-10 minutes, until the vegetables are a bit tender.
To the pot, add the diced tomatoes and their juices, vegetable broth, dried herbs (oregano, thyme, basil), white beans, kidney beans, green beans and pasta. Stir. Bring to a boil, then lower heat the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the pasta is cooked.
Stir in the spinach and let it wilt. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a loaf of crusty bread, if desired, and sprinkle each bowl with a little fresh parsley and vegan parmesan.
- May substitute the dried herbs for 2 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning.
- Gluten free: Use gluten free pasta.
- The soup can be frozen, though the pasta will be mushy when reheated. Leftover soup will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- You can use other seasonal vegetables as well, such as butternut squash, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, peas, kale, collard greens, swiss chard. Feel free to mix and match based on what you have on hand.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1038mg | Potassium: 1068mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5012IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 5mg