Golden Fried Rice with Scrambled Tofu
This Golden Fried Rice includes scrambled tofu, plenty of veggies and gets it's golden hue from turmeric!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 2 tablespoons water
- 14-16 oz firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4-6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (may omit for oil-free)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups green onions, chopped (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped small
Make the Scrambled Tofu:
Heat the water in a large pan and crumble the tofu into the pan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until most of the water is absorbed and it starts to brown slightly, about 10 minutes.
Add the seasonings and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Fried Rice:
In a large wok or saute pan, add the carrots, broccoli and 1/2 cup water. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until softened.
Now add the rice, green onions, peas, scrambled tofu and sauce. Stirring frequently, cook over medium heat for 5-10 more minutes, until warmed through.
Serve immediately. This also makes great leftovers.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 787mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 6171IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 3mg