If you have leftover brown rice, this sweet and savory vegan fried rice is super quick and easy to prepare. Loaded with fresh veggies and scrambled tofu, Golden Fried Rice will fill you up and it makes for some of the best leftovers. The golden hue comes from turmeric!
Fried rice gets a plant-based makeover in this mouthwatering recipe! I personally guarantee that this recipe will taste better than any non-vegan fried rice you’ve had in the past. This Golden Fried Rice is chock full of flavor, protein AND vegetables!
It’s also super affordable and a great example of how well you can eat, even on a budget! (For more tips and tricks about being plant-based on a budget, check out this article I wrote on the topic!)
I think you are going to LOVE this vegan fried rice! It’s:
Savory with a touch of sweet
Chock full of vegetables
Fiber & Protein rich
Beautiful, natural hue from turmeric
Quick & Easy, especially if you have leftover brown rice on hand!
If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes! Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @noracooksvegan on Instagram. Enjoy!
See how to make in it this video below!
This Golden Fried Rice includes scrambled tofu, plenty of veggies and gets it's golden hue from turmeric!
- 2 tablespoons water
- 14-16 oz firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4-6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (may omit for oil-free)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups green onions, chopped (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped small
Heat the water in a large pan and crumble the tofu into the pan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until most of the water is absorbed and it starts to brown slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Add the seasonings and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large wok or saute pan, add the carrots, broccoli and 1/2 cup water. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until softened.
Now add the rice, green onions, peas, scrambled tofu and sauce. Stirring frequently, cook over medium heat for 5-10 more minutes, until warmed through.
Serve immediately. This also makes great leftovers.