Easy Baked Tofu Nuggets
Easy Baked Tofu Nuggets are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, easy to make and make a delicious meal that grown ups and kids love! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and some Oven Roasted Potato Wedges.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 3 servings
- 16 ounce block extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1.5 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Press the tofu: Wrap the block of tofu in paper towels. Place a plate or pan on top of the wrapped tofu, and put a couple of heavy books on top of that. Let the tofu press for 20 minutes. (You can skip this step if you get the super firm variety)
In a small bowl, add the almond milk, cornstarch, ground flaxseeds and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk well to combine, then set aside until the tofu is ready.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In another small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, smoked paprika and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
Slice the pressed tofu in half lengthwise, then into equal sized cubes.
Whisk the wet ingredients one more time. Coat each tofu cube in the wet ingredients, then into the breadcrumb mixture. Pat with the breadcrumb mixture to get as much as possible on the tofu. Place on the prepared baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the pieces and bake for 15 more minutes, until golden and crispy. Serve immediately with dipping sauce of choice, and enjoy!
- You can skip pressing the tofu if you buy the super firm variety that is NOT packed in water, such as Trader Joe's High Protein Super Firm Tofu.
- For gluten free, use gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Any unsweetened non-dairy milk will work here, but make sure it is not vanilla flavored or sweetened at all or it will ruin the nuggets.