Cauliflower Sweet Potato Curry Soup
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Curry Soup is cheerfully spiced and comes with a good dose of plant based protein (thanks to the red lentils). Cauliflower, sweet potatoes and lentils make this a budget friendly meal!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth or water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils, uncooked
- 1 large cauliflower head, chopped into florets
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 ounce fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the diced onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Stir in the ginger and spices and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly.
Add the vegetable broth, lentils, cauliflower and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the red lentils are cooked.
Stir in the fresh spinach and cook until wilted. Add salt to taste and serve with fresh bread and chopped fresh cilantro.
- I like to buy the tubes of grated ginger, and just squeeze out what I need.
- May also use frozen cauliflower to make this recipe even easier.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 800mg | Potassium: 905mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 8629IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 4mg