Vegan Potato Salad
Classic Vegan Potato Salad, just like mom used to make but better for you! Perfect for potlucks or summer barbecues, and no would will guess it's vegan. Oil free, gluten free and super creamy!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Cooling time 2 hours
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 9 cups peeled yukon gold potatoes, chopped in 1 inch chunks
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 3-4 green onions, chopped small
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped small
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped small, optional
- 3/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup Vegan Mayo
- optional: 1-3 teaspoons yellow mustard
Add the chopped potatoes to a large pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes in a colander.
In a large bowl, add the potatoes, red pepper, green onions, celery, red onion if using, parsley and vegan mayo. Mix until well combined with a large wooden spoon. Add salt and mustard to taste.
Cover and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend and to cool. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- You can sub vegan mayo if you like (I like the brand Just Mayo, or Vegenaise). Just know it won't be oil free anymore.
- I like yukon gold potatoes the best, but you can switch it up with red skinned potatoes, or even russets. Sometimes I like to leave the potatoes unpeeled.
- You can vary the veggies depending on your tastes. Feel free to omit anything, or add other crunchy chopped veggies you may have on hand.