Watermelon Avocado Arugula Salad
This delicious watermelon arugula salad is packed with flavor! Sweet, juicy watermelon, buttery avocado chunks, red onion slices, arugula and sweet/tangy balsamic vinegar. A perfect summer salad recipe!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4-5 ounces arugula (about 5 cups packed)
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1-2 medium avocados, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 4-5 tablespoons high quality balsamic vinegar Grand Reserve preferred
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, optional
Prepare all your salad ingredients by gathering the arugula, cubing the watermelon and slicing the avocados and red onion. Keep ingredients separate until ready to serve.
Assemble the salad in a large bowl or serving dish by combining the arugula, watermelon, avocado and red onion. Arrange prettily in the bowl.
Now add 4-5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and dress the salad. Serve with a sprinkle of sliced almonds, if desired.
- This salad is best the same day. If you will not be eating it all, you can keep some of the ingredients separate, like the watermelon and avocado, until the next day. Sprinkle fresh lemon juice on avocado chunks to prevent it from going brown.
- Calorie calculation does not include almonds.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1099IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg