Starbucks Copycat Vegan Pumpkin Scones
Starbucks Copycat VEGAN Pumpkin Scones- Easy pumpkin scones recipe inspired by Starbucks that taste a million times better! Best of all, they don't contain any animal products.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (earth balance brand preferred), cold and cut into small cubes or pieces
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a large baking sheet (or line with parchment paper).
In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the cold vegan butter, and use a pastry cutter or your hands to work the butter into the dry ingredients. It should resemble coarse crumbs.
Now dump in the pumpkin puree, almond milk, applesauce and vanilla. Mix with a large wooden spoon until a soft dough forms.
On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough a few times until it comes together. Flatten the dough with your hands (lightly flour your hands if sticky). Flatten it into a circle, about 1 inch thick.
Using a pizza cutter or large knife, cut it like you would a pizza, into 8 pieces (see photos above for reference).
Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top.
To make the glazes:
For the white glaze, combine the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk. If too thin, add more powdered sugar.
For the spiced glaze, combine the powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice and milk in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Let the scones cool for at least 15 minutes, then spoon some of the white glaze onto each scone. Drizzle some of the spiced glaze on each scone. Let glazes set before serving.
- May also use whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour.
- This may work with coconut oil that is hard, you can cut it into the dry ingredients the same way.
- If you don't have pumpkin pie spice mix, for the spice mix use: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 243mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 2383IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg