The Best Tofu Scramble
The BEST Tofu Scramble! If you miss scrambled eggs, this one's for you. Just 7 ingredients, 10 minutes and 1 pan required!
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- (1) 16-ounce block firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk, unsweetened and unflavored
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Mash the block of tofu right in the pan, with a potato masher or a fork. You can also crumble it into the pan with your hands. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes until the water from the tofu is mostly gone.
Now add the nutritional yeast, salt, turmeric and garlic powder. Cook and stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
Pour the non-dairy milk into the pan, and stir to mix. Serve immediately with sliced avocado, hot sauce, parsley, steamed kale, toast or any other breakfast item.
- Tofu Scramble is also good with all sorts of vegetables mixed in. Vegetables to add before the tofu: 1/4 cup diced onion or a few cloves of minced garlic. Saute in the oil for 2-3 minutes before adding and mashing the tofu. Vegetables to add towards the end: fresh spinach, kale, thin sliced red peppers, small chopped broccoli or fresh sliced/diced tomatoes. Add these after you've added the milk to the tofu, and cook for just a few minutes.
- Omit oil if desired to make the tofu scramble oil free.
- You can use any kind of non-dairy milk you like, such as soy, almond, cashew, oat or coconut milk. Just make sure it is unsweetened and unflavored.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 31IU | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 3mg