Vegan Smores Cookie Bars
Vegan Smores Cookie Bars feature a golden cookie crust, plenty of chocolate chips and a marshmallow topping that gets toasty in the oven! A crowd pleasing warm weather dessert.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 12 bars
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond milk soy or coconut milk fine
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chocolate chips I used mini chocolate chips
- 10 ounces vegan marshmallows I used Trader Joes brand
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted vegan butter, brown sugar, vanilla and almond milk until smooth. Now add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix with a large wooden spoon until combined.
Add 2/3 of the cookie dough into the pan and push it down evenly with your hands. (If it sticks, wet your hands slightly as needed.)
Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough (leave 1/4 cup for the top). Now add the marshmallows, evenly, on top of the chocolate chips.
Sprinkle the rest of the cookie dough on top, as well as the rest of the chocolate chips.
Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. May also broil for just a couple of minutes to make the marshmallows even more toasty, but watch closely so it doesn't burn! Let cool for 10 minutes or so before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- May sub coconut oil for the vegan butter if desired.
- Any kind of non-dairy milk will work here, not just almond milk.
- Try subbing with a gluten free flour mix to make these gluten free.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 55mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg