Vegan Smores Cookie Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Vegan Smores Cookie Bars feature a golden cookie crust, plenty of chocolate chips and a marshmallow topping that gets toasty in the oven! A crowd pleasing warm weather dessert.
I’ve got the perfect summertime dessert for you!
If you can’t decide if you want a chocolate chip cookie or a Smores, why not combine the two to create a super decadent, crowd pleasing dessert bar?
What I LOVE about these Vegan Smores Cookie Bars:
- They are much easier to eat with less mess to clean up.
- They’re incredibly simple to make with 9 ingredients and 1 bowl.
- The golden cookie crust is absolutely scrumptious and the (vegan) marshmallows get all toasty in the oven. BEST THING EVER.
So what are you waiting for? Make these for your next backyard cookout and watch them disappear!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
What are vegan marshmallows and where can I find them?
Normally, marshmallows have gelatin in them which is not vegan because it’s made from animal ligaments. Thankfully, there are some awesome brands out there making vegan ones, so not to worry.
I’m lucky enough to shop at Trader Joe’s, where they almost always have vegan marshmallows on hand. Sometimes the big ones, and sometimes they carry mini ones. Either is fine!
If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods nearby, you can always order Dandies Vegan Marsmallows on Amazon for a pretty good deal! They are yummy and totally worth it when you need some marshmallows.
What chocolate chips are vegan?
Make sure to check the ingredients on chocolate chips, because often times they contain milk fat or butter oil. Guittard brand semi-sweet chocolate chips are vegan, as well as Trader Joe’s. I’m sure there are others, but those are the two I use most often.
Want more vegan summertime dessert recipes?
Vegan Smores Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond milk, soy or coconut milk fine
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chocolate chips, I used mini chocolate chips
- 10 ounces vegan marshmallows, I used Trader Joes brand
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted vegan butter, brown sugar, vanilla and almond milk until smooth. Now add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix with a large wooden spoon until combined.
- Add 2/3 of the cookie dough into the pan and push it down evenly with your hands. (If it sticks, wet your hands slightly as needed.)
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough (leave 1/4 cup for the top). Now add the marshmallows, evenly, on top of the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cookie dough on top, as well as the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. May also broil for just a couple of minutes to make the marshmallows even more toasty, but watch closely so it doesn't burn! Let cool for 10 minutes or so before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- May sub coconut oil for the vegan butter if desired.
- Any kind of non-dairy milk will work here, not just almond milk.
- Try subbing with a gluten free flour mix to make these gluten free.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here