Easy Vegan Crepes
Servings: 4 servings
Learn how to make the best easy vegan crepes at home! Perfectly tender, thin and delicate. Can be paired with sweet or savory fillings.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt. Now add the oil, non-dairy milk and sparkling water OR regular water (sparkling water makes them even lighter, but is not necessary). Whisk well until smooth and well combined.
Heat a medium sized, non-stick pan to medium heat. Once hot, add a tablespoon or two of vegan butter to the pan. Once melted, add about 1/3 cup of the batter to the pan. Immediately pick up the pan and rotate it to move the batter into a thin circle.
Cook until the top looks fairly dry, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully flip the crepe over and cook for 30 seconds on the other side. Remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
Serve: My favorite way to serve crepes is by squirting a little lemon juice on the crepe, add some powdered sugar, and roll or fold. Dust with more powdered sugar and serve with fresh berries and maple syrup.
- If desired, you may use white whole wheat or whole wheat pastry flour instead of white flour. For gluten free, use a quality gluten free flour blend. I haven't tried this myself, but I think it would work quite well.
- Tapioca starch may be used in place of cornstarch.
- Omit the sugar for savory crepes.
- You can use another kind of non-dairy milk if desired, such as almond, coconut, cashew or oat milk.
- Other crepe serving ideas: Vegan Whipped Cream, Vegan Nutella, Vegan Caramel, non-dairy chocolate chips. For savory, try filling with tofu scramble, tempeh bacon or tofu bacon crumbles and/or cheese sauce.
Calories: 313kcal, Carbohydrates: 42g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 214mg, Potassium: 123mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 393IU, Calcium: 82mg, Iron: 2mg