Kale Smoothie - That Actually Tastes Good!
A Kale Smoothie recipe that actually tastes amazing! The perfect breakfast or snack, with no bananas and full of protein.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 tablespoons hemp, chia or flax seeds
- 1 lemon, juice squeezed (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, optional
- 1-1 1/2 cups water
- Use pre-chopped and bagged kale rather than having to strip, wash and chop regular kale. It makes smoothies much easier!
- Sub frozen pineapple, peaches, blueberries or even frozen bananas for the mango if desired.
- Ginger is optional, but I absolutely love it along with the mango and lemon juice. Plus, it's good for digestion!
- I don't recommend leaving the dates out unless you have to, or your smoothie won't taste as good. You could use a little pure maple syrup or agave to taste instead, but I prefer dates.
- May also sub your favorite non-dairy milk for the water, or use coconut water.
Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 1408mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 66g | Vitamin A: 16291IU | Vitamin C: 251mg | Calcium: 312mg | Iron: 7mg