Vegan Sweet Potato Pie
Vegan Sweet Potato Pie is creamy and rich, and will be the star of your Thanksgiving dessert table! A southern classic pie that is easy to make with NO butter or eggs, but no one would guess!
Servings: 8 slices
Prepare the Vegan Pie Crust as directed. There is no need to pre-cook the crust. You may also use a store bought vegan crust or this Healthy Vegan Pie Crust for a gluten free, lighter option. Once the pie pan is lined with the uncooked crust, place it in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes, then place them in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and add them to a large bowl (or a stand mixer if you have one).
With a mixer, beat the potatoes until smooth, then add all the remaining ingredients (except the whipped cream!) and beat on high speed until smooth and combined.
Spread the sweet potato filling into the pie crust evenly, and bake for 55-60 minutes, until the center is only slightly jiggly. If the crust begins to burn or brown too much, use a pie shield or cover the edges with aluminum foil for the last half of baking.
Allow the pie to cool on a cooling rack for about an hour before slicing and serving. Serve with vegan whipped cream, if desired. Store leftover pie in the refrigerator for 5 days. Enjoy!
- You can use any pie crust you like here. My favorite is my Easy Vegan Pie Crust, but you can use a store bought crust or my Healthy Vegan Pie Crust for a gluten free and healthier option. A cookie crust would also work, but make sure to check the ingredients list for milk, butter or honey.
- For a less sweet pie, you may reduce the brown sugar needed. 1/2 cup would even work, or try using coconut sugar instead. I have not tried sweetening it with maple syrup, it may get too watery I'm afraid.
- May substitute arrowroot for the cornstarch if needed.
- Many stores now carry some sort of dairy free whipped topping, such as Reddi Whip Almond or Coconut Whip or SoDelicious CocoWhip. You could also make my Vegan Whipped Cream, made from aquafaba.
- The pie can be made ahead of time and frozen. Simply thaw to room temperature when ready to serve.
Serving: 1of 8 servings | Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 8044IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg