Vegan Peanut Butter Pie
Vegan Peanut Butter Pie - it's magically creamy, fluffy, and so peanut buttery. Made with only 6 ingredients, this no-bake delight couldn't be easier to make!
Servings: 12 servings
- 25 Oreo or similar cookies*
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
For topping, optional
- 6-7 vegan peanut butter cups, chopped
- warmed peanut butter, for drizzling
- Chocolate Ganache or other chocolate sauce
- more whipped topping
For the crust
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the Oreo cookies in a blender or food processor, and pulse until they are fine crumbs. Dump the crumbs into a large bowl, then add the melted vegan butter and stir until the crumbs are moistened, but still crumbly.
Press the crumbs into a 9 inch pie pan, and bake for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before filling.
For the filling
In a large bowl with a hand mixer (or stand mixer using the whisk attachment) beat the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Now add the powdered sugar and beat in. Lastly, add the package of coconut whipped cream and beat until combined and smooth.
Pour the peanut butter filling into the cooled cookie crust, and spread it out evenly with a spatula or spoon.
Chill for at least a few hours, if possible, before slicing and serving. The longer it chills, the more firm the pie will be when you cut it. If you don't mind a softer pie, you can eat it after an hour.
- Newman's Own brand or Trader Joe's are a good alternative to Oreos. For gluten free, use gluten free Oreos.
- May use coconut oil instead of vegan butter, if desired.
- For best results, use regular peanut butter that can be stored at room temperature and does not need to be stirred (so NOT the natural kind.)
- There are several versions of vegan peanut butter cups out there. I used Justin's brand. You can also make them from scratch: Vegan Peanut Butter Cups.
- I used So Delicious Coco Whip, which is basically vegan cool whip. You can also use another brand if you have access, or make your own coconut whipped cream and use that instead. My aquafaba based whipped topping would likely also work.
Serving: 1of 12 servings | Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 308mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 216IU | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg