The Best Potato Wedges
The Best Potato Wedges are so easy to make at home and rival any restaurant! Baked in a simple seasoning mix, they come out perfectly crisp and tender every time. Air fryer option!
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- optional grated vegan parmesan, I used Violife brand
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and lightly grease a large baking pan with oil.
Scrub the potatoes clean. On a cutting board, slice in half lengthwise. Then cut those halfs into thirds or fourths, lengthwise, at an angle, depending on the size of your potatoes.
Place the sliced potatoes and all the rest of the ingredients in a large resealable bag (alternatively, use a large bowl.) Seal the bag, then shake to coat the potatoes with the seasonings.
Spread the potatoes over the prepared baking sheet, and bake for about 35 minutes, flipping them once halfway through. When they are easily pierced with a fork and golden on the outside, they are done. Sprinkle some grated vegan parmesan on top, if desired, and serve with ketchup for dipping. Enjoy!
Air fryer option
Follow the instructions above up until the baking part. Since air fryers are rather small, I only air fry 1/2 at a time. Place the coated potato wedges in the air fryer, some overlap is okay, and cook at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Shake, then bake for another 10-15 minutes, until they reach a desired crispiness without being burned. Shake and check on them every 5 minutes or so.
- This recipe does work if you swap sweet potatoes for russets.
- You can prepare the potatoes 1 or 2 days ahead of time by slicing them, then placing in an airtight container filled with cold water in the refrigerator until it's time to bake.
- Leftover wedges will keep for 2-3 days and are best reheated in the oven or air fryer to crisp them back up.
- Freeze by baking, then completely cooling the wedges. Place them in an even layer on a baking sheet, freeze, then once frozen transfer to a freezer safe bag and freeze.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 164IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg