Easy Vegan Biscuits
Fluffy, soft vegan biscuits are so easy to make! They require just 1 bowl, 7 ingredients and 30 minutes. Oil free and wholesome, but not sacrificing on taste!
Servings: 16 biscuits
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups all purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Stir the apple cider vinegar into the non-dairy milk and set aside to curdle.
Whisk the 4 cups flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
Pour the milk/vinegar mixture into the dry ingredients, and mix. Avoid over stirring.
Dump the dough onto a floured surface and gently work it together with your hands, adding a little more flour if it's too sticky. Roll the dough about 1/2 inch thick, then use a biscuit cutter and cut out the biscuits. Continue re-rolling the dough until you have used it all. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Bake for about 12 minutes until light golden brown and fluffy. Allow to cool for a few minutes, serve and enjoy!
- I used cashew milk, but you can use any non-dairy milk such as: soy, coconut or almond milk. Just make sure it's unsweetened and unflavored.
- May substitute whole wheat flour for the all purpose flour. I haven't tested it with gluten free flour.
- May use almond meal instead of almond flour.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 295mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2mg