Easy Vegan Biscuits
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Fluffy, soft vegan biscuits are so easy to make! They require just 1 bowl, 7 ingredients and 30 minutes. Oil free and wholesome, but not sacrificing on taste!
In case you are worried that these vegan biscuits taste too “healthy” because they don’t have any oil or vegan butter, let me tell you, I would not have posted them if that was the case!
I have made these easy vegan biscuits several times now, and they never cease to amaze me! When I first was testing out a vegan biscuit recipe, I tried a version using vegan butter. They were good, but I wanted to see if I could come up with a recipe using simpler ingredients that would taste just as good or better.
Well, it was successful! These are much easier than regular homemade biscuits. With no butter to cut in, it makes the recipe faster and simpler. Plus, vegan butter is expensive, and I like to save it for special dessert recipes, such as these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies or my Vegan Chocolate Cake.
How do you make Easy Vegan Biscuits?
Stir the apple cider vinegar into the non-dairy milk and set aside.
Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Mix in the milk/vinegar mixture and stir.
Dump onto a floured surface, and gently work it together with your hands. Roll the dough 1/2 inch thick, cut with a biscuit cutter and bake for 12 minutes at 425 degrees F.
*PLEASE NOTE THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. I ONLY LINK TO PRODUCTS I ABSOLUTELY LOVE AND RECOMMEND. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
Let them cool for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy!
Serve with jam, or anything else you like. Look how fluffy!
If you like this recipe, you might enjoy these Oil Free recipes:
Adapted from The Mindful Vegan book.
Easy Vegan Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir the apple cider vinegar into the non-dairy milk and set aside to curdle.
- Whisk the 4 cups flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour the milk/vinegar mixture into the dry ingredients, and mix. Avoid over stirring.
- Dump the dough onto a floured surface and gently work it together with your hands, adding a little more flour if it's too sticky. Roll the dough about 1/2 inch thick, then use a biscuit cutter and cut out the biscuits. Continue re-rolling the dough until you have used it all.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Bake for about 12 minutes until light golden brown and fluffy. Allow to cool for a few minutes, serve and enjoy!
- I used cashew milk, but you can use any non-dairy milk such as: soy, coconut or almond milk. Just make sure it's unsweetened and unflavored.
- May substitute whole wheat flour for the all purpose flour. I haven't tested it with gluten free flour.
- May use almond meal instead of almond flour.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here