Instant Pot Vegan Burritos
Easy weeknight dinner to please everyone: Instant Pot Vegan Burritos. The filling is made in the Instant Pot!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 27 minutes
Total Time 37 minutes
Servings 8 people
For the burrito filling:
- 2-3 tablespoons water for sautéing (or olive oil)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- (1) 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked short grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups corn (frozen, fresh or canned)
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 12 oz medium style salsa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 8 burrito sized flour tortillas (10-12 inch) use gluten free if needed
- 2-3 cups chopped lettuce
- 1-2 avocados, sliced or chopped
- Optional: salsa, chopped tomatoes, chopped red or green onion, jalapenos, vegan sour cream, vegan cheese shreds
Instant pot burrito filling:
Assemble the burritos:
Spoon some of the mixture onto the centers of the flour tortillas. Add desired amount of lettuce, avocado and other ingredients. Fold two sides over the filling and roll up. *For fun, let everyone build their own burritos, kids especially LOVE this!
To make without an Instant Pot:
- Go tortilla-less and make a burrito bowl instead!
- To freeze, fill tortillas with the bean/rice/vegetable mixture, wrap in foil and place in a freezer ziplock type bag.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 715mg | Potassium: 759mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1981IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 4mg