Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
The most amazing peanut butter banana smoothie with only 3 ingredients! Totally vegan and so easy to make. Tastes like a milkshake!
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk, more if needed to blend
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender. If you want a chocolate peanut butter smoothie, add in the cocoa powder.
Blend on high until very smooth, adding more milk as needed. Don't add too much because you want the smoothie to be very thick and milkshake like.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Make one large smoothie or two smaller smoothies. May use less peanut butter to make the smoothie lighter.
- Buy bananas in bulk and freeze once ripe! Bananas are so inexpensive, I love to buy a bunch, wait until they are ripe with spots, then peel, slice and freeze for smoothies.
- Can't have peanuts? Try with almond butter or even sunflower seed butter instead.
- Soy milk alternative - To keep it 3 ingredients, use a vanilla flavored plant milk, such as almond, hemp, oat or coconut. If you only have unsweetened milk, add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and either 1-2 dates or a few tablespoons of pure maple syrup to sweeten.
- More nutrition - Add 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds or hemp seeds for extra nutrients and protein. Or a cup or two of baby spinach. It will make the smoothie green but you won't taste it at all!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 797mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 539IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 1mg