Vegan Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
This Vegan Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake features a delicious gingersnap crust and two layers of cheesecake! It’s surprisingly simple to make.
Servings: 8 servings
- 16 ounces vegan cream cheese (2 8-ounce containers)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
For the crust:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the cookies to a food processor and process until it looks like fine crumbs. Add the melted vegan butter and vanilla. Process to combine.
Press firmly and evenly into a 9 inch pie pan. Wipe out or rinse the food processor because you will make the filling in it as well.
Bake for 10 minutes, then remove and set aside while you make the filling.
For the cheesecake:
In the wiped out food processor, add the vegan cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla, cornstarch and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
Remove 1 cup of the mixture and spread into the bottom of the crust.
To the food processor with the rest of the white filling, add the pumpkin, spices and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Process until combined and smooth.
Carefully spread the pumpkin mixture over the white layer, heaping it slightly in the middle.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, until the center is almost set. To test, insert a toothpick in the middle. If it is cold and liquidy, bake longer until the center is more firm.
Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.
Serve with Vegan Whipped Cream, if desired.
- I used Trader Joe's brand of vegan cream cheese, but any non-dairy cream cheese should work just fine.
- I used a food processor, but a blender works as well.
- In place of the gingersnaps, you could use a similar cookie, such as honey-free graham crackers.
- To make it Oil Free: Use Kite Hill plain cream cheese, as it has no added oil. And my Gluten Free Crust with no oil added.
- To make Gluten Free: Use my Gluten Free Crust.
- You can replace the spices with 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice if desired.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 391mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 3844IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg