Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Servings: 8 slices
The only recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Pie you'll ever need, and it's perfect for the holidays! SO easy to make with only 9 ingredients. No one will guess it's vegan!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a pie crust in a pie plate.
Add the canned pumpkin, coconut milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt and cornstarch to a blender and blend until very smooth. You may also simply whisk it together in a bowl until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pan lined with a pie crust. May use a vegan store bought vegan pie crust, my Easy Vegan Pie Crust, or this Gluten Free Pie Crust. I don't pre-cook the pie crust. Spread the mixture evenly with a spatula.
Bake for 1 hour. If the crust starts to burn, cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil or a pie shield after about 30 minutes of baking. The middle will still look jiggly; that's normal. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then cover and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Slice and serve with Vegan Whipped Cream or store bought non-dairy whipped topping, if desired. Enjoy!
For the Pie Crust Leaves: These are totally optional for decoration. Make or buy an extra pie crust, and roll out the dough about 1/8th inch thick. Using leaf cookie cutters, cut into shapes. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- I recommend my Easy Vegan Pie Crust recipe for best results, but you can use a store bought vegan pie crust (Whole Foods carries one I know of) OR Gluten Free Pie Crust for a lighter option.
- Don't substitute another milk for the full fat coconut milk or your pie filling won't thicken up the same way. I tried it with another milk and it was more of a pudding than a custard pie.
- May substitute coconut sugar for the brown sugar. If you don’t want the pie so sweet, use 1/2 the amount of sugar, OR use 1/2 cup maple syrup instead of the brown sugar.
- You can use arrowroot or tapioca starch for the cornstarch if needed.
- Store leftover pumpkin pie loosely covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To freeze, let the whole pie completely cool. Then wrap it tightly in several layers of plastic wrap, then even a layer of foil to protect it from freezer burn.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 270kcal, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 244mg, Potassium: 119mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 27g, Vitamin A: 19IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 34mg, Iron: 2mg