The only recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Pie you’ll ever need, and it’s perfect for the holidays! SO easy to make in a blender, with only 9 ingredients and easy to find ingredients.
You should have known this was coming with my last post on how to make easy vegan pie crust. I’ve got another savory recipe in the works for next week using pie crust, too, so basically I’ve been up to my ears in pie crusts the last few weeks! There are worse things to imagine. 🙂
If there is one thing that is essential to the Thanksgiving holiday, it’s pumpkin pie (with a ton of coconut whip cream, if you are me!). Don’t settle for a store bought vegan pumpkin pie when it’s so easy to make your own at home that will taste a million times better! Plus, vegan ones are hard to find unless you live next to a Whole Foods.
I actually didn’t care for pumpkin pie growing up, or even until the last couple years. But that’s because I mostly only had store bought ones that had weird textures, flavors and a not so tasty crust. I started making my own, perfected this recipe, and now I can’t get enough!
How do you make vegan pumpkin pie?
First you will start with the pie crust. You can buy a vegan pie crust, if you can find one, but I highly recommend you try this Easy Vegan Pie Crust! It tastes so much better, and you can make it in the food processor. It only takes about 10-15 minutes.
If you are looking for a gluten free or lighter option, you can use this Gluten Free Pie Crust made with almond flour and flax seeds.
Next, make the filling either in a blender, or simply whisk in a bowl until smooth. Pour the delicious mixture into the uncooked pie crust.
Smooth the pumpkin mixture evenly with a spatula. Bake for 1 hour.
Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. It’s best to make this pie the day before serving if possible, just because of the long cooking and cooling time. Trust me, you will be less stressed if you make this the day before Thanksgiving!
Serve vegan pumpkin pie with plenty of Coconut Whip Cream. You can make your own, or buy it if you have availability in your area. My Target now carries vegan whip cream! Yay! But I still prefer the flavor when I make it.
I hope you love this vegan pumpkin pie and have a happy holiday season!
Want more vegan pumpkin recipes? Try one of these:
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the canned pumpkin, coconut milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt and cornstarch to a blender and blend until very smooth. You may also simply whisk it together in a bowl until smooth.
- Bake for 1 hour. The middle will still look jiggly; that's normal. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then cover and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice and serve with Coconut Whip Cream, if desired. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is for 1/8th of the pie filling, not the crust. The rest will depend on which crust you use.