Vegan Buddha Bowl
The Ultimate Vegan Buddha Bowl - A hearty, nutritious and flavor packed bowl with brown rice, crispy tofu, sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli, red cabbage, avocado and the best vegan peanut sauce!
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 pound broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
For the rice
Add the rice and water to a medium sized pan with a lid. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 35-40 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Turn off the heat, and fluff with a fork.
For the sweet potatoes and broccoli
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and get out a large baking sheet, or two smaller baking sheets. Place the sweet potato cubes on one side of the pan, and the broccoli on the other side.
Drizzle the sweet potatoes and broccoli with olive oil (or spray with oil). Toss with the oil until coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes. You may need to remove the broccoli after 20 minutes, if the sweet potatoes aren't quite done yet. This will depend on how big you cubed them.
For the rest
Make the Tofu: While your sweet potatoes and broccoli are baking, pan-fry the marinated tofu according to the recipe instructions. You could also simply pan fry a block of pressed tofu without marinating it, or use an air fryer if you have one. Assemble the bowls: Divide the rice into bowls (or meal prep containers). Top with sweet potatoes, broccoli, tofu, shredded red cabbage and a few avocado slices. Serve with a drizzle of peanut sauce, and enjoy! May also sprinkle with a few sesame seeds and cilantro, if desired.
- Feel free to vary your buddha bowl, depending on what you have on hand. You could replace the tofu with drained, rinsed chickpeas. Use cauliflower, brussels sprouts or steamed kale in place of the broccoli.
- This buddha bowl makes a great meal prep for the week. I would keep the peanut sauce separate though, and drizzle on after warming the rest of the ingredients up.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 953mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 13747IU | Vitamin C: 102mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2mg