Easy Vegan Crepes
Learn how to make the best easy vegan crepes at home! Perfectly tender, thin and delicate. Can be paired with sweet or savory fillings.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2-4 tablespoons vegan butter, for the pan
- 2-3 lemons sliced, for serving
- 2-4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- berries, optional for serving
- maple syrup, for serving
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt. Now add the oil, non-dairy milk and sparkling water OR regular water (sparkling water makes them even lighter, but is not necessary). Whisk well until smooth and well combined.
Heat a medium sized, non-stick pan to medium heat. Once hot, add a tablespoon or two of vegan butter to the pan. Once melted, add about 1/3 cup of the batter to the pan. Immediately pick up the pan and rotate it to move the batter into a thin circle.
Cook until the top looks fairly dry, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully flip the crepe over and cook for 30 seconds on the other side. Remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
Serve: My favorite way to serve crepes is by squirting a little lemon juice on the crepe, add some powdered sugar, and roll or fold. Dust with more powdered sugar and serve with fresh berries and maple syrup.
- If desired, you may use white whole wheat or whole wheat pastry flour instead of white flour. For gluten free, use a quality gluten free flour blend. I haven't tried this myself, but I think it would work quite well.
- Tapioca starch may be used in place of cornstarch.
- Omit the sugar for savory crepes.
- You can use another kind of non-dairy milk if desired, such as almond, coconut, cashew or oat milk.
- Other crepe serving ideas: Vegan Whipped Cream, Vegan Nutella, Vegan Caramel, non-dairy chocolate chips. For savory, try filling with tofu scramble, tempeh bacon or tofu bacon crumbles and/or cheese sauce.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 393IU | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 2mg