Buffalo Jackfruit Quesadillas are completely dairy free, cheesy, spicy and SO delicious! Easy recipe.
Buffalo Jackfruit Quesadillas
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (1-2 lemons squeezed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce, less if desired
- 14 ounce can jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- optional: 15-ounce can white beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Soak the cashews: Heat up about 3 cups of water in a tea kettle or small pot. Pour the boiling hot water over the cashews and let them soak for 5 minutes. Drain them when ready to blend.
- In a high powered blender such as a Vitamix, add the soaked, drained cashews, 1 cup of fresh water, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and buffalo sauce. Blend until very smooth, scraping the sides of the blender if needed.
- Now add the drained jackfruit to the blender. Pulse a couple of times, but do not blend. You want to leave quite a bit of chunky texture! Fold in the beans if using.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add about 1- 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to a large tortilla, spread it out, then put the other tortilla on top. Spray some oil in the pan, and fry for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. You can also spread a bit vegan butter on each side of the tortilla, then fry. Enjoy immediately.
- Leftovers will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a toaster oven, air fryer or regular oven to make them crispy again.
- If you are sensitive to heat, add less buffalo sauce, perhaps only starting with 1/4 cup and adding more if desired.