I finally made a version of the Jennifer Aniston Salad that has been going around social media and I will never be the same! I can see why she supposedly ate this salad every day for 10 years on the set of Friends. It’s incredible!
I made a few changes to the viral salad recipe and I think you’re going to love it. I made it vegan by using Violife brand feta (or use my homemade vegan feta), added some fresh dill and extra chickpeas.
Here are the ingredients you need for the life changing Jennifer Aniston salad:
(Scroll down to the recipe card for the complete, printable recipe.)
- Bulgur – Bulgur is a cracked wheat grain that is full of nutrition and perfect for salads. It also cooks super fast on the stovetop, similar to rice. You can use quinoa or farro instead, if you like.
- Red onion – Leave out if you really dislike the flavor.
- Fresh parsley, mint and dill – Chopped small for maximum flavor. If you can’t find one of the herbs that’s okay, but I love this particular combination.
- Pistachios – I used shelled pistachios. Switch it up with sunflower seeds or chopped almonds.
- Cucumber – English cucumbers or mini Persian cucumbers are best in salads.
- Chickpeas – You could leave out the beans or use less, but they add a lot of filling power, protein and flavor.
- Vegan Feta – I used Violife brand, crumbled, but you can use any feta you like or make my vegan feta.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh squeezed, about 2-3 lemons worth. Add to taste.
- Salt + Pepper – Add to taste.
The process of making it is SO simple. Cook the bulgur, then add all ingredients to a bowl and stir. That’s it!
I made a double batch for meal prep and have been eating it nearly every day since. I’m still not tired of it!
More hearty salads to love
Jennifer Aniston Salad (Bulgur Salad)
- 2 cups bulgur, uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 small red onion diced small
- 1 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh mint finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 large english cucumber diced
- (2) 15-ounce cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 block vegan feta crumbled or chopped, optional
- 2-3 large lemons, squeezed or to taste
- salt + black pepper to taste
- Cook the bulgur: Place the bulgur, water and a pinch of salt in a medium-large pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover. Simmer gently for 12-15 minutes until cooked. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl and let cool so it's not hot when you add the other ingredients.
- To the large bowl with the cooled bulgur, add the red onion, parsley, mint, dill, pistachios, cucumbers, chickpeas, vegan feta, lemon juice and salt + pepper to taste. I added quite a bit of lemon juice, salt and pepper until I was happy with the flavor.
- Leftovers will keep for about 4 days in a covered container in the refrigerator, but some of the ingredients will become mushy after 2-3 days. It's perfect for meal prep!
- This makes enough for 4 large servings or 6 smaller servings. Feel free to double the recipe for a crowd or meal prep!
- If you don’t care for red onion, leave it out. You can also make substitutions pretty easy with this recipe depending on what you have on hand or preferences. Switch up the fresh herbs, nuts, or use quinoa instead of bulgur, or even farro.