Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad is full of fresh summer produce and is a real crowd pleaser at potlucks and summer barbecues! This hearty salad has a simple lime-cumin-maple vinaigrette dressing and is fun served with tortilla chips or romaine lettuce leaves.
Is anyone else as excited as I am that it’s just about Summer?
Summer in the Pacific Northwest is pretty much the best. It’s beautiful, thanks to all that rain, and it’s generally pretty mild, though in the Portland area we do see some pretty hot days. We spend as much time as possible outside as a family, whether it’s hiking, day trips to the Oregon coast, or just riding bikes in the neighborhood. Wherever you are, I hope you soak up the Summer months!
However, just because it’s warm outside that doesn’t mean all I want to eat is leafy green salads, like some people say! 🙂 My family and I need sustenance for all our activities, and while leafy greens have a place, I need much more than that.
I love this black bean corn avocado salad for this very reason! It’s cold and perfect for hot summer days, but also super filling and satisfying, with plenty of protein, fat and carbohydrates to keep me going. Also, it has a super simple lime-maple-cumin vinaigrette that gives it extra “YUM” points.
How do you make black bean avocado corn salad?
- Drain and rinse two cans of black beans.
- Chop up a few avocados and tomatoes.
- Defrost a bag of frozen corn (or use fresh).
- Whisk together lime juice + pure maple syrup + cumin & salt.
- Toss it all together and eat!
How long will this salad save?
With the avocados, Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad will only really save for 1-2 days, max.
If you want it to last 4-5 days, leave out the avocados, and add them in each time you serve or eat it. If you do this, it’s a great meal prep idea!
What should I serve with Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad?
This is delicious served with tortilla chips. Or fill romaine leaves or other lettuce with it. You could also make a Mexican salad by mixing it with a bunch of chopped lettuce.
It’s the perfect potluck dish for summertime!
If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes! Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @noracooksvegan on Instagram. Enjoy!
Inspired by Genius Kitchen.
- (2) 15-ounce cans black beans (or 3 cups cooked), drained and rinsed
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen corn
- 2-3 large avocados, chopped
- 4-5 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 3 medium limes, squeezed for juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
In a large bowl, add the black beans, corn, avocados, tomatoes and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together the fresh squeezed lime juice, pure maple syrup, cumin and salt.
Drizzle the dressing over the beans and vegetables, and then toss to combine everything together.
Taste for salt, and serve with tortilla chips or romaine lettuce leaves.
- This salad is very flexible, you can adjust the amounts of beans and vegetables by what you have on hand. If you like a lot of avocado, use more. If you don't prefer the taste of cilantro, you may omit it.
- Because of the avocados, this salad only keeps in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. If you want to make it in advance, simply keep the avocados separate, and add them when you are about to serve the salad.