Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Fluffy and moist vegan chocolate glazed donuts are a wonderful treat! Baked instead of fried, and covered with an easy glaze that sets.
Your family and friends will LOVE these chocolate glazed donuts! They are made in 1 bowl with simple ingredients, with plenty of substitutions available.
- All Purpose Flour: May substitute white whole wheat, whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour, oat flour or even a gluten free all purpose flour if needed. Each one will change the flavor and texture slightly, but it will work.
- Cocoa Powder: I like to use dark cocoa powder here, but natural lighter colored cocoa will work as well.
- Sugar: I use organic granulated sugar, but you could probably sub coconut sugar if desired.
- Baking Powder
- Soy Milk: It’s fine to use any other non-dairy milk you like, such as almond, coconut, hemp, or oat.
- Melted Vegan Butter: You can also use canola oil, OR for oil free sub applesauce.
The glaze is a simple mix of powdered sugar, soy milk and vanilla. Once the donuts are cooled completely, dip them in the glaze and place on a cooling rack to set (with parchment paper under it, to catch the mess).
Want more vegan donuts?
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt in a large bowl. Pour the soy milk, melted vegan butter and vanilla into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well with a large wooden spoon to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan, filling about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the donuts look set on top. Let cool for two or three minutes in the pan, then carefully transfer to a wire rack with a large piece of parchment paper beneath it (to help with the mess). Let the donuts cool completely before dipping in glaze.
- Make the glaze: In a medium sized bowl, add powdered sugar, soy milk and vanilla. Stir with a spoon until a smooth glaze is formed.
- Once the donuts have cooled completely, dip the entire donut into the glaze carefully, then place back on the rack over parchment paper to set. It will take 30 minutes or so for the icing to harden, but of course you can eat them right away if desired!
- Flour substitutions: You may sub white whole wheat flour, whole wheat pastry flour or gluten free flour if needed.
- I used dark cocoa powder, but you can use natural, regular cocoa powder as well.
- It is fine to use another non-dairy milk instead of soy, such as oat, hemp, cashew, or almond.
- Oil Free: Substitute applesauce for the melted vegan butter. This will change the texture somewhat, but they will still be good.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here