Vegan Funfetti Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Vegan Funfetti Cake is super soft, moist and full of colorful sprinkles of course! Made in just 1 bowl with simple ingredients.
What’s not to love about a colorful sprinkle-filled cake? I absolutely love Funfetti desserts (see also Funfetti Vegan Cupcakes), and this cake is sure to make all your birthday dreams come true!
The best thing is how easy it is to make, in just 1 bowl with 10 everyday ingredients (+ the frosting). You will have a beautiful, celebratory cake in no time at all! I developed this cake from my Vegan Coconut Cake because I loved it so much.
The sprinkles I used are from Sweetapolita. They have a variety of vegan friendly sprinkles that are adorable. But you can use any vegan rainbow sprinkles you like.
Tips & Substitutions
- I used all purpose flour here, but if you want an even softer cake, use cake flour instead.
- A quality gluten free flour mix would probably work well, but I haven’t tested it.
- I used canola oil in the cake, but you can substitute melted coconut oil if desired, or melted vegan butter. Other neutral oils may work as well.
- It’s fine to use another non-dairy milk in place of soy, such as almond or coconut milk.
Want more vegan cake recipes?
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Vanilla Cake
- Vegan Red Velvet Cake
- Vegan Lemon Cake
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Vegan Strawberry Cake
Vegan Funfetti Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil, *or melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 Recipe Vegan Vanilla Frosting
- more sprinkles, for topping (1/4 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray two 8 or 9 inch cake pans with oil. I also like to place a circle of round parchment paper in the bottom to prevent the cakes from sticking to the pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and sugar together until well combined.
- To the same bowl, pour in the oil, soy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Mix with the dry ingredients using a large spoon until just combined. Be careful not to over mix, or the cake won't be as soft. Fold in 1/2 cup sprinkles.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then carefully pop them out and place on a cooling rack. You must allow the cakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare a batch of Vegan Vanilla Frosting. Once the cakes have cooled, frost as desired and top with more sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
- If you want the cake to be even more soft, use cake flour in place of all purpose flour.
- I used canola oil, but you can use melted coconut oil or melted vegan butter. Other neutral flavored oils may work as well. If using coconut oil, make sure the soy milk is not too cold or it will make the coconut oil solidify when you are mixing the batter.
- May use almond milk or another non-dairy milk in place of soy.
- I used vegan sprinkles from Sweetapolita. They are my favorite! You can use any vegan friendly rainbow colored sprinkles.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here