Vegan Raspberry Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Only 5 ingredients and made in 1 bowl, these Raspberry Bars are simple to make yet quite fancy and crowd pleasing! They have a coconut oil shortbread crust + topping, and are filled with raspberry preserves.
I had a few trials when coming up with these raspberry bars. I mean, don’t get me wrong, we’ve had no trouble eating any of the versions I’ve tried! The first batch was too wet, and not shortbread-y enough. Plus, I kept trying to make a different topping, and the recipe felt too complicated.
So finally I decided to try making the crust and topping in the same bowl, adjusted amounts of everything and, voila! Perfection was finally found.
This is such a wonderful dessert for Spring and Summer. Perfect for Mother’s Day and all kinds of showers (baby, wedding). Everyone is sure to love these raspberry bars, so feel free to double the recipe to feed a crowd!
I hope you love these Vegan Raspberry Bars. They’re:
Made in 1 bowl with 5 ingredients (plus optional glaze)
Super fruity, with a tart and sweet filling
Perfect for Spring and Summer
Easy & Delicious!
Looking for more fruity dessert recipes? Check these out:
If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes! Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @noracooksvegan on Instagram. Enjoy!
Vegan Raspberry Bars
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Now add the softened coconut oil, and stir until everything is well combined. The mixture should be rather crumbly. Use your hands if you need to.
- Set aside 1 cup of the shortbread dough, in a smaller bowl. This is your crumble topping.
- Press the mixture evenly into the baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the oven up to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the raspberry preserves over the warm crust. Sprinkle on the topping. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. The filling should be bubbling on the edges.
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, and then move them to the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours. Lift the bars out using the parchment paper, cut into squares and drizzle with optional glaze.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and almond milk until a glaze is formed.
- I haven't tried these with gluten free flour, but you could try a mix of gluten free all purpose and almond flour.
- May also use softened vegan butter in place of the coconut oil.
- Makes about 16 large bars. You may halve the recipe and make in an 8-inch square pan if desired.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here