Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Simply the best Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes! Tender, fluffy and perfect for birthdays and other celebrations. Easy to make in 1 bowl.
This is my favorite recipe for vanilla cupcakes. They are the fluffiest cupcakes, not to mention soft, buttery and sweet with the perfect vanilla flavor. You definitely don’t need eggs, butter or milk to make delicious cupcakes, I promise!
What I love about this recipe
- The cupcakes are made in 1 bowl, with a minimal list of simple ingredients.
- You don’t need a hand mixer (except for the frosting!)
- Cake flour makes the cupcakes incredibly fluffy, soft and moist. I made a batch with all purpose flour and the cupcakes were fine but drier and not nearly as fluffy and light.
- They are so easy to make; you will be eating cupcakes in no time!
How to make Vanilla Cupcakes in 1 Bowl
- In a measuring cup, combine soy milk (or another non-dairy milk) and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to curdle (this is vegan buttermilk).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in milk/vinegar mixture, oil and vanilla extract.
- Whisk or stir until smooth and well combined. You could also use a hand mixer if desired.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full; I filled mine quite full for tall cupcakes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
To truly make these cupcakes in 1 bowl, simply wipe or rinse out the cupcake batter bowl and use it for the frosting. OR if you are feeling really lazy, you could pick up a container of Duncan Hines Vanilla Frosting, which happens to be vegan. I recommend making your own, it tastes way better! But I’m not here to judge. 😉
Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting with Vegan Vanilla Frosting. You could also use Chocolate Frosting, if desired. I use this simple piping kit for decorating cupcakes, but you could simply spread the frosting on with a butter knife.
Want More Vegan Cupcakes?
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 Bowl Vegan Lemon Cupcakes
- Funfetti Vegan Cupcakes
- Vegan Mint Oreo Chocolate Cupcakes
Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. I usually spray the liners with a little oil as well to prevent sticking.
- Combine the soy milk and apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup or bowl, give a little stir and set aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Now pour in the milk/vinegar mixture, canola oil and vanilla. Stir with the whisk, large spoon or a hand mixer until well combined. There may be a few small lumps, but you don't want any large lumps in the batter.
- Fill the liners 3/4 of the way full and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Carefully transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack, then place new liners in the pan (probably about 6 more) and bake the rest of the cupcakes until you have used all the batter.
- Instead of canola oil, you could substitute melted coconut oil. The cupcakes may be a bit denser and less fluffy though.
- I tested a batch with all purpose flour, and cake flour definitely produced fluffier, softer cupcakes. But in a pinch, you can use regular flour.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only, and was calculated using my Vegan Vanilla Frosting.
- One batch of vanilla frosting was enough for me to frost all 18 cupcakes, but if you want a LOT of frosting on each one, you may want to double the frosting.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here