Super Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Kale Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Dreamy, super creamy vegan cauliflower soup chock full of vegetables and oh-so-delicious. This is healthy food that doesn’t taste like it! This soup gets my kids to eat kale (it’s that good). Made creamy with the addition of cashews, but you could leave them out and it would still be quite tasty!
I love this soup so much. It’s easy to make, almost effortless, especially if you use frozen cauliflower. The best tasting soups in my opinion are the creamy ones, which is totally achievable even once you go vegan!
This super creamy vegan cauliflower kale soup is beautiful and perfect for any time of year. It’s one soup recipe I make again and again because I always feel like eating it; it’s so delicious. I usually eat it with some brown rice, or sometimes just with a green salad. My kids love to have some fresh bread for dipping, so I try to get some for them. If it helps them eat their veggies, I’m all for it! 🙂
*PLEASE NOTE THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. I ONLY LINK TO PRODUCTS I ABSOLUTELY LOVE AND RECOMMEND. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
That’s the other thing, my 3 children LOVE this soup. They actually get super excited when we are having it for dinner! They don’t seem to mind the greens, but I do recommend chopping the kale or spinach up small if you have picky kids; they will be much more likely to eat it that way.
Honestly, this is one of the only ways my kids get so many greens. Oh, and these Stuffed Jumbo Shells with Spinach (omg, amazing). They just aren’t a fan of that taste or texture of leafy greens like kale, so I’m always trying to find fun ways to include them. I’m not one for forcing my kids to eat anything; I want eating to be an enjoyable experience for them. I am a fan of teaching my kids to listen to their own bodies and eat intuitively.
I use cashews in this soup to make it so rich and creamy without a drop of dairy. It might not be totally necessary if you soak your cashews really well, but it is really helpful to have a high powered blender. This is the one I have and love: Vitamix 1300. I wholeheartedly recommend it; it will change your life.
The other tool I use for this soup is my Immersion Blender. Pretty inexpensive, and I find it really handy for soups and sauces.
This Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Kale Soup is made with just 8 ingredients and about 30 minutes. I prefer to use frozen cauliflower in this recipe; it just really simplifies things and means less chopping for me, yay!
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for more easy, healthy and tasty plant based vegan recipes!
Super Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Kale Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 medium carrots, chopped small
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 lb frozen (or fresh) cauliflower florets
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups chopped small kale, tough ribs removed (or baby spinach)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- salt, to taste
- In a large soup pot, saute the chopped onion in a few tablespoons of water or vegetable broth for 3-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic, carrots, celery and saute a few more minutes. Next add the cauliflower and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cashews and 1 cup of the soup to a blender. Blend until smooth and add back to soup pot.
- Now, use your immersion blender if you have one and blend a few times, until the soup is creamy but still has some texture. If you prefer, you can blend all the soup in a blender and then add in the greens. I prefer to leave some texture. Add salt, to taste (will depend on the saltiness of your vegetable broth).
- Now add the chopped kale or spinach to the pot and stir well. If using kale, let it simmer for about 10 more minutes, until kale is tender. If using baby spinach, simply let it wilt into the soup. Serve with brown rice if desired or a good loaf of bread and salad.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here