Vegan Baked Ziti with Cashew Cheese. Simple ingredients come together to create a comfort food classic that is sure to please all of your friends and family. Noodles, marinara sauce and a luxurious creamy cashew cheese sauce are baked to perfection.
Traditional Baked Ziti usually consists of white pasta with a tomato sauce, sometimes meat, and a TON of cheese. This Vegan Baked Ziti with Cashew Cheese gets a healthy makeover without sacrificing flavor. Seriously, this dish is deliciously rich, creamy and comforting. You won’t miss the meat or cheese.
I have been making this recipe for years for my family and it never disappoints. I usually throw a cooked vegetable or salad on the side as well, such as Instant Pot cooked kale, roasted brussels sprouts, steamed broccoli or roasted cauliflower.
This Vegan Baked Ziti with Cashew Cheese is:
A comfort food classic
Creamy and rich
Bursting with tomato goodness
Topped with Vegan Parmesan
Quick and Easy
How do you make Vegan Baked Ziti?
-First, prepare your pasta. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
-Next, pour your pasta sauce on top.
-Stir your pasta sauce in with the noodles.
-Now spoon your cashew cheese on top of the noodles and sauce.
-Stir cashew cheese sauce into the noodles, but not too much, leaving some pockets of cheese unmixed. Sprinkle Vegan Parmesan on top and bake for 25 minutes.
This is a great meal to impress non-vegans and show them the magic of cashews as a stand in for cheese!
See this recipe for Vegan Parmesan. This stuff is good anywhere you would use parmesan cheese, such as sprinkled over pasta or pizza. It keeps for weeks in the fridge in a glass container. I always have some on hand!
If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes! Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @noracooksvegan on Instagram. Enjoy!
Vegan Baked Ziti with Cashew Cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make the Cashew Cheese sauce: Add the soaked and drained cashews to a high powered blender along with the water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, onion powder and salt. Blend until smooth, scraping the sides down as needed.
- Add the cooked noodles to casserole dish.
- Pour the marinara sauce on top of noodles and stir to combine.
- Spoon the cashew cheese on top of noodle/sauce mixture and stir gently, leaving pockets of cheese intact.
- Sprinkle vegan parmesan on the top. (optional)
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
- Serve with steamed kale, broccoli, roasted brussels sprouts or a good salad. Enjoy!