Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
This Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta tastes like the dip but in pasta form! Silky smooth, creamy and full of artichokes and spinach.
This is one of those 30 minute meals that you will want to make again and again. If you love Spinach Artichoke Dip as much as I do, you will adore this pasta dish!
It’s basically the dip but in a bowl with noodles. I mean, what could be better?
While the pasta boils, you will prepare the sauce in a high powered blender. Drain the pasta, add back to the pot along with the spinach artichoke mixture, and voila! Dinner is served.
Tips & Substitutions
- Gluten free – To make the recipe gluten free, simply use your favorite gluten free noodles. I love brown rice noodles.
- Cashew free – Substitute raw slivered almonds for the cashews, or even sunflower seeds to make it nut free!
- Add extra cheesiness – Consider placing the mixed pasta and sauce in a casserole dish and top with a few cups of vegan mozzarella cheese. Broil for a few minutes to melt the cheese, then serve. Yum!
Want more easy vegan pasta recipes?
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cashew, soy or almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- (2) 14-ounce cans artichokes, water packed, drained well
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to package instructions, then drain and set aside. Save some (about a cup) of the pasta water for adding back in later.
- Soak the cashews in boiling hot water for 5 minutes, then drain and add to a high powered blender, along with the milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and salt. Blend until very smooth.
- To the blender, add the spinach and artichokes, and pulse a few times, using the tamper, being careful not to blend too much as you want to leave a good amount of texture. Set aside.
- In the same pot you used to cook the pasta, add a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, then add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Now add the creamy mixture from the blender, and stir, cooking for 2-3 minutes until it thickens somewhat. Be careful not to burn the bottom.
- Now add the cooked pasta, and stir to mix. I usually add some of the water, 1/2 cup or more, if it's too thick. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Gluten free – Use any gluten free pasta you like instead of penne and the dish will be gluten free.
- May use frozen and thawed artichokes instead, use about 2 1/2 cups frozen artichoke hearts.
- Make sure your plant milk is unsweetened and unflavored. I used cashew milk.
- Leftovers will thicken quite a bit, you can add a few tablespoons of water to thin the sauce out before serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here