This is the Best & Easiest Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip! Only 9 ingredients and 30 minutes are needed to make this delicious, crowd-pleasing hot dip. It’s so CREAMY and CHEESY without any sour cream, cheese or even store bought vegan cheese! Gluten Free.
Dips are such a crowd pleaser at a party and spinach artichoke dip is a classic! I love serving this vegan spinach artichoke dip with sliced little bread, like a baguette, or pita chips. It would also be a great dip for carrot sticks, tortilla chips or pita bread.
The BEST thing about this dip is how amazingly creamy, cheesy and delicious it is while being totally dairy free. The second best thing is how easy it is to make!
The third best thing about this vegan spinach artichoke dip? You don’t need any fancy vegan ingredients (like vegan cheese or vegan sour cream) to make it! It’s made with all whole food, simple ingredients that are easy to find. Yay!
How you do make vegan spinach artichoke dip?
First, soak your cashews in very hot water for about 5 minutes. Drain before blending. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
While the cashews soak, saute the garlic and onions for a few minutes, then set aside.
In a high powered blender (like a Vitamix, I love this one!), blend the cashews, unsweetened non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and salt. Blend until very smooth.
*PLEASE NOTE THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. I ONLY LINK TO PRODUCTS I ABSOLUTELY LOVE AND RECOMMEND. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
To the blender, add the sautéed garlic/onions, fresh spinach and artichokes. Pulse a few times to combine, but do not blend! You want to leave it chunky.
It will look like this:
Transfer it to an oven safe dish (I used a 9 inch pie dish). Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown on top, warm and bubbly.
Serve warm with sliced bread, chips or vegetable sticks! You can also sprinkle the top with Vegan Parmesan Cheese, if you want. Enjoy!
For more delicious & easy vegan appetizers, try one of these:
The Best & Easiest Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 small lemon, juiced (2 tablespoons)
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- (2) 14-ounce cans artichokes drained & rinsed
- Optional: Vegan Parmesan Cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Soak the cashews: Heat up about 3 cups of water in a tea kettle or small pot. Pour the boiling hot water over the cashews and let them soak for 5 minutes. Drain them when ready to blend.
- In a small pan, saute the garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes using either a tablespoon of olive oil or water, until the onion is slightly translucent. Set aside.
- In a high powered blender such as a Vitamix, add the soaked, drained cashews, unsweetened milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Blend until very smooth.
- Now add the cooked onions/garlic, spinach and artichokes. Pulse a couple of times, but do not blend. You want to leave quite a bit of chunky texture! Taste for salt, add more to taste.
- Transfer to an oven safe dish (I used a 9 inch pie dish) and bake for 20 minutes or so until warm, bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Sprinkle with vegan parmesan , if desired and serve with a sliced baguette, pita chips, tortilla chips or vegetable sticks. Enjoy!
- I like soaking the cashews in hot water for 5 minutes because it's fast, but you could soak the cashews overnight or for several hours.
- Do not use marinated artichokes, as the flavor will overpower the dish. You want to use the canned artichokes in water. OR you can use frozen artichokes, about 3 cups of them. Just defrost before blending.
- This works best with a high powered blender such as a Vitamix, which is what I use. If you try making it with a regular blender or food processor, it will be grainy, not as smooth and creamy. It will still work, but not be nearly as good!
- Use any non-dairy milk you like, but make sure it's unsweetened. I used almond milk.