1 bowl Double Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Made from scratch and sure to satisfy all your chocolate cravings! They are super fluffy and light, even though they’re made with whole wheat pastry flour.
Do you ever make homemade pancakes? They truly are SO simple. I know there is something convenient and appealing about the box mixes you can buy at the grocery store, but to me, there is nothing like pancakes made from scratch. You can’t beat the taste, you don’t need many ingredients, and they are super simple to make without any animal products.
These Double Chocolate Chip Pancakes are made in just 1 bowl, because, well, I’m also a bit of a lazy cook at times (or more like a lazy dishwasher who doesn’t want to wash one more bowl). 🙂
My kids go crazy for these pancakes! They are such a fun treat, whether you make them for breakfast Saturday morning, or alongside some tempeh bacon or tofu scramble for dinner one night.
These would also be amazing with some coconut whip cream on top, or simply serve with vegan butter (I like earth balance best), peanut butter, and some pure maple syrup. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top before serving for extra amazing-ness.
Try these Freezer Whole Grain Pancakes for a more “standard” pancake recipe:
Adapted from a recipe in this book, Vegan with a Vengeance. Amazing vegan cookbook, by the way!
If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes! Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @noracooksvegan on Instagram. Enjoy!
1 Bowl Double Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Whisk together the soy milk, water and oil in a large bowl.
- In this order, add the dry ingredients to the bowl: whole wheat pastry flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. If your cocoa powder is very clumpy, use a sifter before adding.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Do not over mix or your pancakes will be tough. A few lumps are ok.
- Heat a griddle while the batter rests. Once heated, pour about 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on the top and the edges appear dry.
- Flip and cook for another minute or until done. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with coconut whip cream, vegan butter, peanut butter and pure maple syrup. Sprinkle with a few chocolate chips on top.
PIN THIS IMAGE FOR LATER —- >