Simple Vegan Pancakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
These simple vegan pancakes are light, fluffy and make the perfect weekend morning breakfast. Best of all, they are made with just 6 easy ingredients and 1 bowl! The recipe is easily doubled, tripled or even quadrupled.
This is the perfect vegan pancake recipe. They are light, fluffy and are made with just 6 ingredients (+ water) that you probably already have on hand right now. Did you know that you don’t need eggs or milk to make delicious pancakes? It’s true! And it’s not hard AT ALL.
I wanted to create a recipe for vegan pancakes that was easy to double, triple, or even quadruple. I have spent many weekend mornings trying to calculate ingredients to accommodate my large family, and it can be such a headache! I’ve made it much easier for you. The recipe as written will serve about 3 people. I usually triple it for my family of 5, and then we have some leftover as well.
Can vegans eat pancakes?
As I said before, of course they can! It’s a lot easier than you think. You just don’t need eggs, milk or real butter to make delicious pancakes. No one would ever know these are vegan! And honestly, these are just as easy as the boxed pancake mixes you can buy.
How do you make vegan pancakes?
First, whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.)
Next, pour in the wet ingredients (non-dairy milk, water and canola oil.) No need to mix the wet ingredients separately first, just add them straight to the dry.
Mix until just combined. Some small lumps are fine. Do not over mix, or you will have very tough pancakes, instead of light and fluffy.
Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto a heated griddle or pan. Cook until bubbles appear, then flip and cook on the other side until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is used.
Serve with vegan butter, pure maple syrup and some fresh fruit if desired.
Can I freeze vegan pancakes?
Yes, I freeze them all the time. Let them cool completely, then stack them in a large ziplock plastic bag. Try to get most of the air out of the bag, close and freeze. To re-heat, pop them in a toaster oven or the microwave until warm.
Want more vegan breakfast recipes?
Simple Vegan Pancakes
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Pour the milk, water and oil into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir with a large spoon until just combined. A few lumps are okay; do not over mix or your pancakes won't be as fluffy.
- Heat a large griddle or pan over medium-high heat. Drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the griddle. Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with all the remaining batter.
- Serve with vegan butter, pure maple syrup and perhaps some fresh fruit. These pancakes freeze well, and the recipe can be easily double, tripled or quadrupled.
- For whole grain pancakes, substitute whole wheat flour. I prefer whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour, as it produces lighter tasting pancakes compared to regular whole wheat flour. I haven't tried them gluten free.
- May use any kind of non-dairy milk, such as cashew, almond, soy, hemp, rice or oat milk.
- For oil free, omit the oil and substitute more non-dairy milk. May also use melted coconut oil or vegan butter.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here