Instant Pot Vegan Alfredo Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Dinner in 20 minutes or less! Meet the creamiest alfredo sauce, made with cauliflower, a little bit of cashews and a LOT of garlic. Serve with fettuccine and steamed broccoli for a quick, amazing meal that won’t weigh you down!
This Instant Pot Vegan Alfredo is super simple and quick to make. It’s made with a blend of cooked cauliflower and raw cashews, creating a creamy but light sauce. For the ultimate creamy dairy free alfredo, make sure to check out my Vegan Alfredo, made with all cashews and no cauliflower.
I hope you love this Alfredo Sauce as much as I do. It’s:
- “Lick the blender” tasty!
- Full of whole plant foods
- Rich and creamy, but won’t leave you feeling weighed down
- Quick & Easy (Instant Pot)
- JUST 5 ingredients!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t worry. You can still make this recipe, almost as quickly. I’ve included both Instant Pot and regular instructions.
Want more creamy vegan pasta dishes?
- The Best Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Creamy Vegan Carbonara
- The Best Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Tuscan Vegan Gnocchi
Instant Pot Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Push the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Add the olive oil and minced garlic and cook for a minute or two, until fragrant, but be careful not to burn.
- Now turn off the saute, and add the cauliflower, cashews and vegetable broth. Cook in the Instant Pot on high manual pressure for 3 minutes, making sure it's sealed so the pressure can build.
- Once it beeps and is done, carefully release the pressure. I always use a towel to protect from burning, so be careful. (If you have time, you can let the pressure come down naturally)
- Transfer to a blender, add salt and blend until very smooth. Pour over pasta and stir. If the sauce is a bit thick, simply add in a few tablespoons of water, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately with steamed broccoli, kale or peas if desired.
Regular (Non-Instant Pot) Instructions:
- In a large pot, saute the garlic in the olive oil for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the cauliflower, cashews and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pot, add salt to taste and serve.
- This sauce freezes well. I freeze sauces like this in small glass or BPA free plastic containers. Leave an inch or so of room for expansion. Re-heat in the microwave, stove top or even your Instant Pot.
- Use Gluten Free pasta if needed. This sauce is good on all sorts of pasta, and makes a great topping for baked potatoes as well.
- You may leave out the cashews if necessary, such as if you have a nut allergy or don't want the fat. It will still be good but not quite as creamy and you will need to use less vegetable broth. You could also try replacing the cashews with white navy beans.
- I love this sauce with pasta and steamed broccoli or cooked kale.
- Nutritional information is only for the sauce. It will change depending on what kind of pasta and vegetables you use.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here