It’s time to vegan meal prep, people! Lately, I have been meal prepping like a boss.
And I want to teach you how!
Why meal prep?
- So you can nourish your body with good food throughout your busy week.
- To save money! Avoid eating out at lunch time with easy meal preps that taste amazing and fill you up.
- To avoid decision fatigue… Trying to think about what you’re going to eat all the time is exhausting, especially if you are new to a vegan/plant based diet.
This is my personal FAVORITE vegan meal prep.
Nourishing bowls with:
Roasted sweet potatoes
Simple cashew cream
How long does this vegan meal prep take?
Give yourself about an hour on a Sunday (or whenever works for you) to get this all prepped and ready for the week. Most of that time is hands off though!
- Get your rice cooking and preheat the oven.
- Roast the sweet potatoes while the rice is cooking.
- Soak the cashews for 5 minutes, then make the cashew cream sauce.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Steam the kale while the rice and sweet potatoes are cooking.
- Then, put it all together! Easy peasy. And you will have good food all week long!
If you are prepping for two (like I am), simply double the recipe.
What kind of containers should I use?
The ones I used are these plastic containers, but I’m switching over to glass so I can warm up right in the container!
These are the ones I have my eye on: Pyrex 3 Cup Glass Containers.
Also, these little ones are perfect for the cashew cream and/or Sriracha, in case you want to keep that separate until re-heating!
I hope you enjoy this vegan meal prep! If you make it, let me know how it goes. Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @noracooksvegan on Instagram. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. I only link to products I love. Thank you for your support!
Nourish yourself all week long and save money with these nourishing bowls! Brown rice, roasted sweet potatoes, steamed kale, black beans, cashew cream and optional Sriracha.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 5-6 ounces chopped kale (half of a 10 oz bag)
- (1) 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Sriracha hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cook the rice: Rinse the rice and place it in a medium pot with a lid. Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 40 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
While the rice is cooking, roast the sweet potatoes: Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 1 inch chunks and place on the pan. Spray lightly with oil (or omit for oil free) and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until cooked and lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
Steam the kale: If you have an Instant Pot, add 1 cup of water to the inner pot and the kale. Secure the lid, make sure it's sealed and cook on high for 3 minutes. Let pressure release, then carefully remove the lid. *Without an Instant Pot, steam the kale in a large pot for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
Drain and rinse the black beans and set aside.
Make the cashew cream: Soak the cashews in boiling hot water (I heat the water up in a tea kettle and then pour over the cashews) for at least 5 minutes. Drain, then add to a blender with 1 cup of water, garlic and salt. Blend until very smooth.
To assemble the meal prep bowls: In 3-4 cup containers, add about 1/2 cup of cooked rice. Now add 1/3 cup black beans, divide the sweet potatoes and kale into the containers.
Options: Now, you can either add the cashew cream on the top OR keep it in separate small containers and pour the cream on after you re-heat the bowl. I prefer to keep the cream separate until eating, but either way works.
When you are ready to eat, simply warm up the bowl, drizzle with cashew cream and Sriracha. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is for 1 bowl but will greatly vary depending on amounts used and how much cashew cream you put on top.