It’s time to vegan meal prep, people! Lately, I have been meal prepping like a boss.
And I want to teach you how!
Why meal prep?
- So you can nourish your body with good food throughout your busy week.
- To save money! Avoid eating out at lunch time with easy meal preps that taste amazing and fill you up.
- To avoid decision fatigue… Trying to think about what you’re going to eat all the time is exhausting, especially if you are new to a vegan/plant based diet.
This is my personal FAVORITE vegan meal prep.
Nourishing bowls with:
Roasted sweet potatoes
Simple cashew cream
How long does this vegan meal prep take?
Give yourself about an hour on a Sunday (or whenever works for you) to get this all prepped and ready for the week. Most of that time is hands off though!
- Get your rice cooking and preheat the oven.
- Roast the sweet potatoes while the rice is cooking.
- Soak the cashews for 5 minutes, then make the cashew cream sauce.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Steam the kale while the rice and sweet potatoes are cooking.
- Then, put it all together! Easy peasy. And you will have good food all week long!
If you are prepping for two (like I am), simply double the recipe.
What kind of containers should I use?
The ones I used are these plastic containers, but I’m switching over to glass so I can warm up right in the container!
These are the ones I have my eye on: Pyrex 3 Cup Glass Containers.
Also, these little ones are perfect for the cashew cream and/or Sriracha, in case you want to keep that separate until re-heating!
I hope you enjoy this vegan meal prep! If you make it, let me know how it goes. Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @noracooksvegan on Instagram. Enjoy!
*This post may contain affiliate links. I only link to products I love. Thank you for your support!
Nourish Bowl Vegan Meal Prep
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 5-6 ounces chopped kale (half of a 10 oz bag)
- (1) 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Sriracha hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the rice: Rinse the rice and place it in a medium pot with a lid. Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 40 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the rice is cooking, roast the sweet potatoes: Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 1 inch chunks and place on the pan. Spray lightly with oil (or omit for oil free) and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until cooked and lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- Steam the kale: If you have an Instant Pot, add 1 cup of water to the inner pot and the kale. Secure the lid, make sure it's sealed and cook on high for 3 minutes. Let pressure release, then carefully remove the lid. *Without an Instant Pot, steam the kale in a large pot for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and set aside.
- Make the cashew cream: Soak the cashews in boiling hot water (I heat the water up in a tea kettle and then pour over the cashews) for at least 5 minutes. Drain, then add to a blender with 1 cup of water, garlic and salt. Blend until very smooth.
- To assemble the meal prep bowls: In 3-4 cup containers, add about 1/2 cup of cooked rice. Now add 1/3 cup black beans, divide the sweet potatoes and kale into the containers.
- Options: Now, you can either add the cashew cream on the top OR keep it in separate small containers and pour the cream on after you re-heat the bowl. I prefer to keep the cream separate until eating, but either way works.
- When you are ready to eat, simply warm up the bowl, drizzle with cashew cream and Sriracha. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is for 1 bowl but will greatly vary depending on amounts used and how much cashew cream you put on top.