Oven Baked Taquitos Recipe made with a creamy black bean filling, filled with flavor and baked in the oven until golden and crispy. Only 30 minutes from start to finish, these are the perfect weeknight meal!
I like to think of taquitos as rolled up crunchy tacos. That’s basically all they are, right?
These Oven Baked Taquitos start with corn tortillas, have a flavorful and creamy black bean filling, and are made a little healthier AND easier by being baked in the oven.
What is in the creamy black bean filling?
- Black Beans
- Canned diced green chiles
- A few chopped green onions
- Chili powder, cumin & garlic powder
- Sriracha hot sauce
- & Cashew Sour Cream (Or buy non-dairy sour cream, such as tofutti brand)
Everything just gets mixed together quick in 1 bowl. Warm the tortillas, fill them, roll them up tightly and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy delicious!
How to serve Oven Baked Taquitos?
Serve these taquitos with Cashew Sour Cream for dipping (there is some in the filling, but you will have leftover) and/or salsa.
You can also place some taquitos on a plate, top with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado or guacamole. Dig in with a fork!
Taquitos are a fun party food, either for Game Day or birthday parties; any celebration, really. Perfect finger food!
NEED SOME MORE INSPIRATION AND IDEAS FOR FUN VEGAN RECIPES THAT YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS WILL LOVE?
Come join my Facebook group! It’s called F.A.S.T. Food Vegans (Fun Affordable Simple Tasty) and it’s a place to find (and share) fun vegan recipes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or spray oil
- (2) 15-oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4-oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 recipe Cashew Sour Cream *may use store-bought non-dairy sour cream if desired
- 24 corn tortillas (6 inch)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and lightly grease a pan with oil, or spray with oil. (For oil free, use parchment paper and omit oil.)
Make the filling: In a large bowl, add drained black beans, drained green chiles, green onions, the spices, salt, Sriracha and 1/2 cup Cashew Sour Cream. Stir until well combined.
Soften the tortillas: Wrap 5 corn tortillas at a time in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 30 seconds to soften. Don't skip this part because they will be near impossible to roll them up if you do!
Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling in each tortilla and wrap up tightly. Place seam side down on prepared baking pan.
Spray the taquitos with a little oil (or not, for oil free) and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and serve with additional Cashew Sour Cream and/or salsa for dipping.
- For picky kids, omit the green onions and hot sauce.
- You may also pan fry these. Just lightly oil a pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- These taquitos freeze well. You can freeze them before baking, or after. When you are ready to cook them, simply bake at 425 degrees until warm and crispy.