Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Creamy, cheesy, flavor packed Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip, with a secret ingredient! Made with all whole plant food ingredients.
I have got the most perfect party food for you. SERIOUSLY. This Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip has all the flavors of buffalo wings, but in dip form! It has a secret ingredient in place of the usual chicken, and is made with all whole plant food ingredients.
That’s right. You don’t have to go buy any expensive or hard to find vegan cream cheese, faux meat or non-dairy cheese shreds. The incredible dip comes together with 7 ingredients (+ water) and about 40 minutes, most of which is hands off!
Let’s get the party started.
The secret ingredient…
The ‘chicken’ in this dip is………… ARTICHOKES.
That’s right. Artichokes. When I was trying to decide what to replace the chicken with, I remembered how artichokes have a sort of shredded chicken quality to them, especially when they are processed just a little bit. I was afraid the artichoke flavor would overpower the dip, but nope. It came out perfect. Any artichoke taste is mild compared to the deliciously creamy, spicy flavors from the cashews and buffalo sauce.
Of course, you could always substitute some vegan chicken or even jackfruit if you wanted, but I’m sticking with artichokes.
What should I serve with Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Tortilla chips
- A sliced baguette
- And maybe some chopped green onions (they look pretty on top and taste good)
Want more Vegan Party Foods?
- The Best & Easiest Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- BBQ Cauliflower Wings
- Vegan Cheese Ball
- Ultimate Fully Loaded Vegan Nachos
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- (1) 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, | in water, NOT marinated in oil
- celery sticks, carrot sticks
- tortilla chips
- crackers or sliced baguette
- chopped green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Soak the cashews: Heat up about 3 cups of water in a tea kettle or small pot. Pour the boiling hot water over the cashews and let them soak for 5 minutes. Drain them when ready to blend.
- In a high powered blender such as a Vitamix, add the soaked, drained cashews, 1 cup of fresh water, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Blend until very smooth.
- Now add the buffalo sauce and artichokes. Pulse a couple of times, but do not blend. You want to leave quite a bit of chunky texture!
- Transfer to an oven safe dish (1 1/2-2 quarts, a pie pan works as well), and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm with celery sticks, carrot sticks, tortilla chips, crackers or a sliced baguette. Chopped green onions on top look pretty and taste good, too. Enjoy!
- I recommend using Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce for best results.
- You can also use frozen, thawed artichokes if desired. Just don't use the marinated artichokes, as they will change the flavor of the dip considerably. Stick with canned artichokes in water or frozen.
- If you have leftover dip, store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. When reheating, add a little water to thin it out, as it will thicken as it cools. Simply warm in the microwave, or oven, and stir a little water in to thin it out a bit.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here