Tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, and super spicy. These Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings are almost too good to believe! Serve with Vegan Ranch and celery for the perfect Game Day appetizer.
How spicy are these Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings?
Very spicy, just like real buffalo wings! So if spicy isn’t your jam, you may want to leave the hot sauce on the side for dipping as you go. Having a batch of Vegan Ranch to dip them in will help temper the spiciness though, so don’t forget it!
My older kids go absolutely crazy for these “wings” even though they’re super spicy. My toddler won’t touch them though, so whether or not your child will like them will depend on their age and spice preference! 🙂
How do you make Cauliflower Buffalo Wings?
First, wash and chop a large head of cauliflower in bite sized florets.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, water, spices and salt.
Add the cauliflower florets to the batter in the bowl, and toss to combine (or you can dip each floret, one by one). Take one floret out at a time, making sure it’s drenched in batter, and place on prepared baking pan.
Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for about 10 more minutes.
I think you are going to LOVE these Cauliflower Buffalo Wings. They’re:
Tender on the inside, crispy on the outside
Easy to make
A fun way to eat a vegetable!
& Crowd pleasing!
Can I make these Gluten Free?
These can easily be made gluten free by using either almond flour or a gluten free brand (I like Bob’s Red Mill) in place of the all purpose flour.
*PLEASE NOTE THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. I ONLY LINK TO PRODUCTS I ABSOLUTELY LOVE AND RECOMMEND. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
Recipe adapted from Hot For Food.
Want more vegan recipes featuring cauliflower? Check these out:
Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (see notes for substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add water, flour, garlic and onion powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the cauliflower to the batter in the bowl, and toss to combine. Remove the pieces of cauliflower, one by one, and tap off the excess batter a few times on the side of the bowl. Place on the prepared baking sheet and make sure they are not touching each other, or they will all get stuck together as they bake.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip them over and bake for 10 more minutes, until golden brown.
- While the cauliflower are baking, prepare the hot sauce/butter mixture. Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Once melted, add the hot sauce and stir. Set aside.
- Brush the buffalo/vegan butter sauce on each cauliflower wing, or toss the florets with the sauce in a large bowl, then return to the pan. Put them back in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove, and serve with Vegan Ranch dressing and celery, if desired.
- I find all purpose flour yields the best flavor and texture here, but it also works with almond flour, white whole wheat flour or a gluten free all purpose flour.
- For Oil Free, omit the melted butter.
- If you are serving a large crowd, double or even triple the recipe!