Simple Vegan Overnight Oats
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Simple Vegan Overnight Oats are the easiest make-ahead breakfast ever! You can prepare several jars at a time and have a nutritious breakfast ready for every day of the week. I’ll show you how! No chia seeds or other hard to find ingredients.
When I first heard about overnight oatmeal, I was SO confused. I didn’t understand if you were supposed to eat it hot, or cold. Some recipes called for so many ingredients, like chia seeds or non-dairy yogurt, and they seemed anything but simple! I know a lot of people love chia seeds, but I am not one of them… They remind me of tapioca pudding, which I’ve also never liked.
My take on overnight oats hardly even qualifies as a recipe, it’s so simple! But if you are like me, and you are on the lookout for a quick, easy and nutritious breakfast in the morning, these simple vegan overnight oats just may be the solution. Whether you are rushing to work, or you are home with small children demanding your early morning attention, it can be difficult to nourish yourself well as the day begins. Let me help you! 🙂
The best containers for overnight oats:
These Ball Mason Pint Sized Jars are inexpensive and widely available. They are just perfect for overnight oats, and they come with lids.
You can also use any kind of small container, or even just a cereal bowl and cover it with plastic wrap overnight. You don’t need anything special to make these!
Here’s the ridiculously easy process to making vegan overnight oats:
Add 1/2 cup rolled oats to a small jar or container.
Pour 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice into jar with the oats. I prefer Silk Soy Vanilla Milk, but you can use coconut, almond, cashew, even oat milk if you want. It can be sweetened or unsweetened, depending on your preferences.
Cover the jar (or jars if making a few at a time). Refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, your oats will be tender and will have absorbed most of the liquid. They can be eaten cold or hot, your choice! In the winter, I prefer a warm breakfast, so I simply microwave the oats for about 1 minute, then add my toppings.
Top your vegan overnight oats with whatever you like. My favorite combination is fresh or frozen blueberries, chopped walnuts, dates, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Other yummy combinations:
- Raisins, walnuts, sprinkle of cinnamon
- Chopped fresh apple, walnuts, sprinkle of cinnamon
- Peanut butter + banana
Meal Prep with Simple Vegan Overnight Oats
You can make several of these jars at a time and have breakfast ready for the whole work week! Simply prep 5 jars on Sunday evening, and grab a jar each morning, along with your toppings of choice.
See how creamy and delicious these are? I hope you enjoy!
Want more vegan breakfast recipes?
Simple Vegan Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, I prefer vanilla soy milk
Optional toppings in the morning
- drizzle pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- sliced banana
- diced apples
- chopped dates or raisins
- chopped walnuts or almonds
- hemp or ground flaxseeds
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Combine the oats and non-dairy milk in a small container, preferably with a lid. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, you can eat the oats cold, or heat them in the microwave for 1 minute. Top with optional toppings. My favorite combination is with blueberries, chopped walnuts, dates and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- That's it! Enjoy!
- Make-ahead: You can make several of these oats and have breakfast ready all week long. If you make 5 jars on Sunday evening, they will keep quite well until Friday in the refrigerator.
- Nutritional calculation is for oats and milk only, using Silk Vanilla Soy Milk.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here