Vegan White Lasagna
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Layers of vegan ricotta, creamy white sauce, lasagna noodles, spinach and white beans make this Vegan White Lasagna a comforting dinner. Sure to become a family favorite!
This is such a dreamy, luscious vegan white lasagna. No one will believe there’s no dairy involved here, because it’s so creamy and cheesy!
I don’t know about you, but I love pasta and can’t get enough! Vegan White Lasagna is versatile as well, and can be made gluten free simply by subbing gluten free pasta. It’s a great alternative to my classic Vegan Lasagna with red sauce.
My version includes white beans, but you could instead substitute vegan chicken, vegan sausages, or a lot of sautéed vegetables such as mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, etc.
How to make Vegan White Lasagna
First, make the Vegan Alfredo Sauce, then stir spinach into it. Drain and rinse a can of white beans, then cook your lasagna noodles and make the ricotta. Now it’s time to layer!
Layer with a little alfredo sauce, then 4-5 cooked lasagna noodles.
Now add 1/2 of the ricotta and spread it around.
Next layer 1/2 of the white beans.
Then layer 1/3 of the vegan alfredo sauce with spinach. Continue layering (more noodles, the rest of the ricotta, the rest of the white beans, 1/3 of the alfredo, more noodles, then finish with the rest of the alfredo sauce).
At this point, if desired, sprinkle an entire bag of vegan mozzarella cheese shreds on top, then bake for 20-25 minutes.
Special Instructions & Tips
- Gluten free? Use gluten free lasagna noodles.
- Instead of beans, you could use vegan chicken pieces, vegan sausages (cut up small) or a bunch of vegetables, such as sautéed mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and more!
Want more vegan baked pasta dishes?
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Vegan White Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish.
- Make the Vegan Alfredo Sauce. Stir the spinach into the sauce and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the white beans. Set aside.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package instructions, then drain and rinse and set aside.
- Make the Vegan Ricotta: Add the cashews to a food processor and process until fine and crumbly. Then add the tofu in chunks, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, basil, oregano and garlic powder to the food processor. Pulse until well combined and pretty smooth.
- Assemble the Lasagna: Spoon 1/4 cup of the alfredo sauce/spinach on the bottom of the casserole dish. Layer with 4-5 lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the vegan ricotta, 1/2 of the beans and about 1/3 of the alfredo sauce/spinach. Add another 4-5 noodles, then the rest of the ricotta, the rest of the beans, 1/3 of the alfredo sauce/spinach, 4-5 more noodles and pour the rest of the alfredo sauce/spinach over the top.
- Optional: Top with an entire bag of vegan mozzarella shreds.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Let it cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- You may substitute vegan chicken pieces or vegan sausages, cut up, for the white beans if desired. OR use sautéed mushrooms and other vegetables, such as broccoli or zucchini.
- For gluten free, use gluten free lasagna noodles.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here