This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
These brownie bites are 100% vegan and have that perfect crinkle top! Made in a mini muffin pan, these bite sized treats are perfect for parties.
What I love most about brownie bites is that every one is like the edge of a brownie. Crinkly, crackly tops, crispy edges with a fudgy, chocolatey middle.
Plus bite sized desserts are so cute, don’t you think? These brownie bites happen to be vegan, not that anyone would notice!
They are made in 1 bowl with just 10 simple ingredients, and are ready in a half hour!
How to make brownie bites
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
First, mix the melted vegan butter (may also use coconut oil) and sugar together until combined. Then stir in the non-dairy milk and vanilla.
Over the bowl with the wet ingredients, sift in the flour (use gluten free if needed), cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop or spoon, place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of brownie batter in each mini muffin cup, then press the batter down with your fingers.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tops look crinkly and done. The brownies will still be quite fudgy inside. Let them cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes. If you try to take them out too soon they will just fall apart.
Now run a knife around the edge of each brownie to help lift them out of the pan. Let the brownie bites cool on a rack until ready to eat.
You can have fun with different variations of brownie bites. They have a perfect indentation in the middle just begging to be filled. Try any of these, but don’t put the filling on until after they have baked and cooled.
- Vegan Chocolate Ganache
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Caramel
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups (homemade OR Justin’s brand)
Want more brownie recipes?
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and spray a non-stick mini muffin pan with oil. This will help the brownie bites come out easily.
- In a large bowl, stir the melted vegan butter and sugar together until combined. Now add the soy milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Over the bowl with the wet ingredients, sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir with a large spoon until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, add about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter to each mini muffin cup and press down with your fingers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tops look crinkly and done. Let the brownies cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes, then run a knife along the edge of each brownie to help lift it out of the pan. Do this gently so they do not break. Let the brownies cool on a cooling rack before serving. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: Store leftover brownie bites in a covered container on the counter for 2-3 days, or a few days longer in the refrigerator.
- Freeze: They can also be frozen. Cool completely, then store in a freezer friendly bag or container for 2-3 months.
- May use another milk instead of soy if desired, such as almond.
- May substitute coconut oil for the vegan butter.
- Optional fillings: Omit the chocolate chips and place a dollop of thickened vegan chocolate ganache or caramel on each bite, if desired. Additional ideas in recipe post above.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here